Through-life Engineering Services Centre stores all personal information – includes name and e-mail address – supplied by any individual who enquires about our activities, registers for e-mail updates, or otherwise contacts us. Personal details are stored in password-protected computers and/or in secure premises, and are accessible only to selected employees of the Centre. The Centre complies with the Data Protection Act in the UK.
This policy sets out how the Centre uses and protects any personal information that you give us. This includes any personal information you provide:
- on our website, www.through-life-engineering-services.org;
- when you send us any forms or other documents in connection with your support; or
- whenever you contact us.
If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01234 750111 x 2356 before providing any personal information to us.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices, but we will not use your personal information in any new ways without your consent or as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 or any amendment thereto. You should check this policy from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st April 2012.
What information do we collect?
The information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name and address;
- Other contact information such as telephone number and e-mail address;
- Information that you choose to submit when contacting us or using particular features on our website;
- We DO NOT keep records of your bank details.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To keep in touch with you;
- To send you information from time to time about our activities (namely our Breakthrough magazine and e-newsletter), but we will not do so unless you indicate that you wish to receive this. You can let us know if you no longer wish to receive such information at any time;
- To respond to enquiries submitted by you and supply information you have requested (e.g., if you have subscribed to our e-newsletter);
- Our internal record keeping;
- To develop and improve the site's activities.
With whom do we share this information?
We do not share your information with any other party. We will not pass your personal information to any other third parties without your permission or unless we are required to do so by law. We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us at: email@example.com or on 01234 750111 x 2356. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.